Friday 26 October 2012

Maya/Mudbox Hand Project

So for our project these couple weeks we had to model our own hand low poly in maya - then transfer and sculpt/texture in mudbox, before transferring back to maya to render out in Mental Ray.

Phew.

So here is my end result!

(With displacement map, rendered in Maya with Mental Ray):




Low Poly Wireframe:



And here are photos for reference:



I have to say, I had a lot of fun working in Mudbox. I painted the texture on myself using just the mudbox brushes rather than using a stencil of my own hand as the texture (which was what most of my classmates chose to do... I think I ended up giving myself more work) but I wanted to experiment with painting the texture. 

Here are a few more stills of my sculpt:







No comments:

Post a Comment