Thursday 14 June 2012

Summer.. and the start of a project!

And so, the summer holidays begin!
I've got 3 (ish) months of working a little and sweet, sweet nothing so I am gonna get on with some modelling practise. (3D modelling that is dur hur)


I drew up a dragon character a while ago called 'Curious' that i've been wanting to model and I made a start on him over the last few days. I find modelling easier when I break a character into chunks, so here is his head! Low poly version. He also has horns and a kind of 'mane' running down his neck which I will add later. He's pretty cartoony which was quite a challenge, I sketched up a model sheet but I couldn't seem to get him the way I drew him first (which is stupidly frustrating.)

This is pretty damn close to how I imagined him to be though, so i'm happy. Will update with more as I do more!

No comments:

Post a Comment